Fleas are small parasites that feed off the blood of your pets. They are often brought in your home from an outdoor source or an already infested animal. Their bites are not painful but can cause itchiness and irritation. Flea infestations are more common during sudden shifts in the weather from cold to warm.
Fleas are prolific breeders. They have a very short life cycle but in that time they drop many eggs in the places they invade. Their eggs are easily embedded in furniture, carpets, rugs, upholstery, bedding and baseboards. Once a flea egg is deposited, the larvae inside waits for a heat source and movement to hatch and hop on the nearest host.
The Usual Hot Spots of Flea Infestation
Flea control is best achieved with simultaneous and coordinated effort that involves strict sanitation, taking the pet to the vet and treating all infested premises both indoors and outdoors. However, before the treatment, we will discuss with you your pet’s habits and its favorite resting and sleeping places – we call them hot spots.
For dogs, these hot spots are usually the areas where your pet goes in and out of the house, eats, sleeps and spends time with family members. For cat owners – we also check tops of fridges, cabinets, book cases and other higher locations.
Book Our Flea Treatment Services and Get
- A thorough inspection of all premises in your house or apartment for signs of flea activity
- A custom-designed flea treatment, control and extermination plan, usually performed in one visit
- A list of recommendations to prevent future flea outbreaks in and around your home
- Two extra follow-up visits within a period of 3 months after the initial treatment if you’ve booked our guaranteed service
- Call (847) 450-0354 now for instant price estimates and answers to your questions
- We cover all ZIP codes in Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Elk Grove Village and Niles